Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Diver's Alert Network

Well, after years of working a non traditional job, playing all the time and living the dream as a SCUBA Instructor, I finally did it.  I decided to start looking into real careers, finding something that would better support myself and my family through out the year.

Don't get me wrong, teaching SCUBA is great and I have made good money doing it for the past decade, but it is not consistent money.  The industry that I love so much is very dependent on the weather, the economy, the attitudes of the people involved... so I decided to dig into my closet and find my nice shoes, and my long pants, and to hang up my board shorts for a while. 

Hello corporate America, I am now holding down a desk chair, and watching all of my former co-workers posts on facebook so that I can feel a bit more connected to the water and sand that I have left behind.

Now, for all of you who are covering your mouths, wondering "why, what have you done???" do not worry.  I looked long and hard before choosing the career I did.  I am now a representative for DAN.  Many of you who know me are now thinking "Todd, a sales rep?" nope, that is not what I said, I said I am a representative for DAN.  I will be working with the dive professionals out there in the field, helping to educate them on what DAN can do for them.  I will be travelling to Dive Centers around the country explaining how DAN works, discussing ways to implement programs, and teaching SCUBA Instructors how to teach dive safety.  I will be working with Course Directors, Instructor Trainers and Key Staff in the dive centers to teach them how to better reach the diving public with DAN's mission and goals. 

Not only will I be reaching out to educate them on the Insurance and Training side of DAN, but I will also be introducing them to the Medical and Research teams, and informing them of all of the work that DAN does behind the scenes to strive to make every dive accident and injury free. 

So, I hope you can see that I did not give up training divers, I have just found a way to make my training more focused and to reach a much larger population than ever before.  I so look forward to coming out and talking with you.  If you have any questions, please contact me at tyarbrough@dan.org




No comments:

Post a Comment